Does Oklahoma have reciprocity and/or admission on motion with any other jurisdictions for admission without examination?
At present Oklahoma has reciprocity and/or admission on motion or admission without examination with the following jurisdictions: Alabama, Arizona, Alaska, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

I was admitted before the MPRE was required in my state. Do I have to take the MPRE for admission to Oklahoma?
Yes. If your state requires the MPRE of Oklahoma attorneys applying for admission without examination to your state, you must supply a passing score (as is required in your state) on the MPRE for admission to Oklahoma. Currently those include Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Colorado (Score must be 2 yrs old or less), Connecticut, Idaho, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, and West Virginia.

What are the requirements for admission on motion?
Rule Two of the Oklahoma Rules requires a person to be lawfully admitted to practice and in good standing on active status in a reciprocal state engaged in the actual and continuous practice of law for a least five years of the seven years immediately preceding application for admission. The period of practice of law shall have occurred outside the State of Oklahoma and have been in a reciprocal state.   The person shall have graduated from an ABA approved law school.  An individual who has previously failed the Oklahoma bar exam is ineligible for admission on motion.

What is the passing score on the MPRE in Oklahoma and how long is my MPRE score valid?
Oklahoma requires a minimum scaled score of 75. The score is valid for an unlimited time. If the reciprocal jurisdiction has a more stringent requirement for minimum score and/or time limit, the higher standard is applied.

What is the purpose of the Certificate of Practice form and who should sign it?
The Certificate of Practice form is an original document filed with the Oklahoma Supreme Court as an attachment to the Report and Recommendation of Admission filed by the Board of Bar Examiners should your application be approved and recommended for admission to the Court. The form should be signed by a judge and two attorneys from your jurisdiction who can attest to your active and continuous practice of law for at least five of last seven years preceding your application. The individuals signing the form should themselves be in good standing in your jurisdiction and have practiced at least the length of time to which they are attesting to have known you to be practicing.

 Applications Bar Exam Bar Results Rules FAQ Resources Board Members
All Rights Reserved: Oklahoma Board of Bar Examiners